Nightshade-Free Enchilada Sauce
Oh, yes we can. Another recipe that even the nightshade-loving weirdos in my family thoroughly enjoyed! Bonus tip: make a giant batch and can it for future use! Your tastebuds will thank you. Adapted from How We Flourish.
- Medium Pot
- 2 cups Nomato Sauce
- 1 cup bone broth or filtered water
- 1 medium white onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp horseradish or to taste
- Combine all sauce ingredients except salt and horseradish into a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and add horseradish 1 tsp at a time until you reach a heat/flavor level you like.
- Simmer uncovered until it thickens a bit. You can use it right away if you like it saucier, but I like my sauce with more body. Salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!