Again with that whole “missing nightshades terribly” thing. I can do some version of street tacos, and I’ve discovered a pretty amazing enchilada recipe – but it was always missing that “zing” that only salsa provides. Without further ado, I give you the MOST AMAZING EVER salsa verde recipe. No nightshades. No nasty surprises. Just…. YUM.
Nightshade-free Salsa Verde
- Food Processor
- 6 kiwi peeled and diced
- 1/2 large red onion one medium
- 2 limes juiced
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 bunch cilantro stems trimmed
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp finely grated horseradish
- 1/2 tbsp capers
- wasabi powder or paste to taste (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Serve right away; store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.